Lab Technician Resume Template (Free)
1371 Rice Rd.
Rockville, NY 14059
To work in an organized demanding laboratory and facilitate the acquisition of data using technical expertise and insight under the direction of a skilled laboratory manager
Physical Therapy Aide
September 2008 - Present
Community Medical Group of Riverside Inc.
- Assisting the physical therapists with their treatments.
- Performing treatments on patients under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Conducting exercises with patients either individually or in a group setting.
- Performing communication tasks such as mediation, encouragement and persuasion of patients to participate in therapeutic activities.
- Advanced secretarial duties including dictation, message taking, scheduling patients, checking insurance authorizations for patients, receiving and making phone calls, filing, ordering, typing, organizing patient info, billing entry, charting on patients progress and creating and editing employee work schedules.
- Splint application, quality assurance measurements.
- Other duties included general rehab room upkeep and maintenance.
Senior Undergraduate Research Assistant
May 2006 - September 2008
Laboratory of Dr. Curras-Collazo, University of California Riverside
- Designing and performing experiments, assays (EIA, ELISA, Radioimmunoassay, Griess Method, BCA etc.), to assess different neurological properties of either living or postmortem brain tissue using rats and mice.
- Animal care: handling and caring for the animals, husbandry, taming the animals, performing injections, taking blood, sacrificing animals and harvesting tissues of interest, micro dissection of specific nuclei using Rat Brain Atlas and stereotaxic coordinates.
- In Vitro Studies: Advanced skills with microwell in vitro preparation using live tissue which is exposed to pharmacological agents of interest.
- Tissue Culture Studies: Moderately skilled with cortical dissociation cell culturing from rat cortex. Cultures were primarily used in in vitro release studies to ascertain peptide release from specific hypothalamic nuclei following exogenous application of various pharmacological agents.
- Immunohistochemistry: Advanced skill set involving immunohistochemical staining techniques using live or fixed tissue sections such as NADPH diaphorase staining, DAB immunodetection using primary, secondary and tertiary antibodies.
- Advanced wet chemistry including solution preparation, Ph reading, hazardous material disposal etc.
- Advanced light microscopy and tissue section analysis using imaging software
- Advanced computer assisted densitometry analysis of stained tissue sections.
- General lab duties including lab cleanup, writing and filing lab protocols, ordering reagents and products, organizing lab orders and hosting lab meetings.
- Advanced grant writing ability regarding procedure and content.
- Extensive research presentation preparation and execution experience both oral and poster.
Physical Therapy Aide
Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience with Honors
January 2005 - Jun 2008
University of California Riverside
Achievements and Honors
- Graduated with Honors Cum Laude
- Made the Dean's List and Chancellor's List consecutive several times.
- Presented research at both local and national scientific meetings including the Society for Neuroscience national meeting.
- Participated in research as an undergraduate for two years during which time I designed and conducted my own experiments.
- Received the Honors Convocation award for Academic Excellence in the field of Neuroscience.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.65 and an upper division GPA of 3.92.
- Recipient of the Helen and Austin Riesen Award for top graduating neuroscience senior.
- Recipient of the National Institutes of Health full scholarship (Tuition and Stipend) under the MARCU Star program.
(Download) Lab Technician Resume Template for Microsoft Word.
(Download) Lab Technician Resume Template in Rich Text.