Free Public Affairs Representative Resume Example
2019 Hillside Avel
Trenton, NJ 08005
Seasoned public affairs manager seeking challenging role in public relations, community outreach and media communications to enhance public opinion related to political processes.
Solid history of success communicating with county, local, and federal agencies as well as advocacy groups. Superb leader with experience in customer service and networking with key decision makers and stakeholders. Deliver administrative excellence managing budgets, event plans, communications strategy, logistics, and daily operations.
Senior Field Representative, Office of Congressman Howard P. "Buck" McKeon, U.S. House of Representative - Santa Clarita, CA (2009 to Present)
Track and convey emerging constituent issues and district activities to Congressman's Chief of Staff, Legislative Director, and Press Secretary. Schedule and lead meetings with CEOs, trade associations, and local elected officials to discuss legislative topics (including domestic and economic affairs, defense, and foreign policy), present Congressman's policy agenda, and coordinate district meetings. Inform Congressman of policies and issues advocated by key constituents. Represent Congressman at social and political events; organize and publicize luncheons, press conferences, and seminars. Record video and photo content at district events for use on website.
- Coordinated and implemented Congressman's Hispanic Advisory Council, Realtor / Mortgage Broker Advisory Council, and Young Professionals Council.
- Developed strong relationships with Chambers of Commerce historically neglected by previous field representatives.
- Developed an intergovernmental relations plan.
- Updated and maintained comprehensive database of major district constituents.
Administrative Assistant / Field Rep/Intern Coordinator, Office of Congressman McKeon (2008 to 2009)
Brought on board to optimize administrative operations of district office, with scope of responsibility that included coordinating intern placements and supporting senior staff in both district and Washington, DC offices. Interviewed, hired, and supervised interns; fielded calls and communicated Congressman's policy agenda to constituents. Served as direct assistant to Deputy Chief of Staff and as deputy district scheduler to Congressman.
- Authored intern handbook and wrote strategic plan for successful intern program adopted by other Congressional offices.
- Increased number of interns from 1 to 6 per semester; mentored and developed interns to eventually secure careers in politics and government affairs.
Further experience as Financial Services Representative for ICM, Santa Clarita, CA (2008), Field Representative for The Leadership Institute, Arlington, VA, and Department Manager for Albertson's (2003-2007).
OTHER CAMPAIGN EXPERIENCE
- BUCK MCKEON FOR CONGRESS- Santa Clarita, CA, Deputy Campaign Manager (2/2010 to Present)
- National Republican Congressional Committee - Pleasanton, CA & Las Vegas, NV, GOTV Coordinator (10/2010)
- Meg Whitman for Governor - Santa Clarita, CA, Director of Advance / Club Liaison (2009 to 2010)
Further experience includes various leadership roles on numerous campaigns on the local, state and federal level. (2000-2011)
Bachelor of Science in American Studies (2007), University of Idaho - Moscow, ID
Campaign Management School - THE LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE (2007)
Advanced Campaign Management School - CALIFORNIA REPUBLICAN PARTY (2010)
Election Law Class - CALIFORNIA REPUBLICAN PARTY (2010)
Government Relations/Lobbying - AMERICAN LEAGUE OF LOBBYISTS (IN PROGRESS)
Download Public Affairs Representative Resume Example in Microsoft Word Format.
Download Public Affairs Representative Resume Example in Rich Text Format.