Free Systems Controller Resume Example
7114 Vine St
Bakersfield, CA 92346
Background includes extensive controllership, ERP systems, cost accounting, and shared services experience in multi-national, multi-location public and private businesses. Values based, people oriented change agent able to build outstanding teams while creating a challenging energetic environment. Direct industry experience in medical devices, electronics, building materials, refractory, packaging, and metals.
Manufacturer of Ground Fault Monitors and Isolated Power Sys ($20M US sales; $100M global sales).
Division Controller - 2010 to Present
* Developed first accounting department at a division level by utilizing existing personnel, training them in proper accounting procedures and processing.
* Established first MRP, Production Planning, Production Reporting, BOM and Routing process, Cycle Count and Physical Inventory processes, and lead time analysis in SAP. Cost savings realized thru these processes.
* Identified several cash flow issues. Developed plans to reduce inventory and still meet customer lead-time expectations, reduce accounts receivable, extend payables terms, expense budgeting, raising customer prices, and cash forecasting.
* Manage the customer credit process and established conservative credit limits to reduce A/R balances, bad debt, and operating cash exposure.
* Corrected numerous tax problems related to: Sales Tax, proper identification of valid IRS business deductions, guidelines for asset and expense classification, 1099 independent contractor rules, and general misunderstandings with GAAP and IRS standards and rules.
* Instituted first financial reporting system in SAP - focused on Cash Flow, P&L, COGS reconciliation and reporting, Sales Analysis, Balance Sheet, Working-Capital, and SG&A analysis.
* Enhanced company benefits and established annual benefits review process to save costs. Established four new insurance plans (STD, LTD, AD&D, and company-paid Life Insurance) and an FSA plan. Set up the company's first IRS 125 cafeteria style benefits plan.
* Created a separate HR department. Created the company's first Employee handbook and benefits summary plans, employee review process, and several standard HR policies.
* Management (General) Responsibilities: SAP, A/P, A/R, Payroll, Treasury, Cost Accounting, Year-End and Financial Statement close, KPIs, Taxes, Financial Reporting, Audit, Compliance
* Manage the annual budgeting and business-target agreements process.
* Manage Accounting, Payroll, Purchasing, HR, Operations, and SAP positions.
* Training of German personnel in the following areas: US GAAP, IRS tax code, proper cost accounting techniques, SAP's SD, MM, PP, FICO modules, Make-to-Stock and Make-to-Order MRP planning, Sales Tax compliance, and HR compliance.
Available Upon Request - Coopersburg, PA
Manufacturer of lighting controls & architectural lighting control systems for residential, commercial, industrial, & institutional applications ($600M sales).
Bachelor of Science Degree
Major: Accounting & Business Management
Penn State University
Certification: Programming and Database Development.
Key areas of study: Oracle, SQL, PL\SQL, Visual Basic, Active Server, Perl, Java Scripting, HTML
University of Maryland
Masters of Science Degree
Major: Finance (Currently a graduate student)
Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Download Systems Controller Resume Example in Microsoft Word Format.
Download Systems Controller Resume Example in Rich Text Format.