Free Vice President Finance Resume Example
423 Richard Ave.
Beaumont, TX 79106
To use my bilingual and bicultural corporate finance executive with +16 years of experience spanning accounting, finance, planning, budgeting, forecasting and operations management in multi million and billion dollar organizations.
Advised the company's seven Latin America business unit CFOs and assured proper accountability, reporting and group requirements. Researched, analyzed and prepared responses to all accounting & financial reporting issues.
- Produced and presented ING Latin America Consolidated $150B BS & $90B Revenues P&L to ING Americas.
- Built and maintained strong working relationships with the ING Latin America countries Accounting, Actuarial and Operations Managers and Leadership team.
- Managed all BS & P&L accounts reconciliations and ensured adequate adjustments accountability for GAAP and IFRS and obtained E&Y and Deloitte appropriate approvals in a timely manner.
- Implemented IFRS for 24 companies; Insurance & Reinsurance for Life, Auto, Health and P&C products; implementing variance analysis and accounting translation from local Statutory & US GAAP.
- Assigned duties and maintained a strong internal control structure for all general ledger processes and ensured adequate segregation of duties among the Latin America Accounting & Finance team.
- Maintained details and reconciliation of all 24 domestic BU balance sheet accounts, ensuring activity is accurate and properly booked for GAAP and IFRS filing.
- Supervised and reviewed the work products prepared by accountants, provided overall guidance, ensured all deadlines were met for the monthly, quarterly and annual financial package delivery.
- Coordinated and developed $35B annual premium budget and forecast through Hyperion Planning system for 24 companies in US and 7 Latin America counties; (Insurance & Reinsurance for Life and P&C products).
- Designed and maintained project databases using Access and MS SQL server; ensured accuracy of information and automated numerous functions for the $ 10 Billion premium portfolio, claims reserves and Investment Assets.
- Created and implemented database design solutions in collaboration with programming team, analyzed and optimized Hyperion, PeopleSoft Planning & MS SQL Server production databases.
- Served as regional project manager for Hyperion-Oracle accounting and reporting system implementation, includes FDM/HFM/Planning/Forecast/Reports/Essbase/Excel Add-in. Project completed 4 months ahead of time.
- Designed and implemented accounting system (PeopleSoft GL / Budget ) for six insurance and annuity companies, which included the design implementation of the cost allocation process a standard general ledger and data loading automation process from Oracle and AS-400
- Prepared companies and consolidated financial statements on local Statutory, US GAAP (FAS 52 - FAS 157) & IFRS basis, project valuated initially in $4.0M by an external consultancy firm; implementation process completed in half of the projected time and saved $1.5M in consulting fees.
Masters in Finance - Universidad Tecnológica de México - México City 1995
B. S. B. A., Finance - Universidad Tecnológica de México - México City 1992
- Controller Essential Training, 2006
- Analysis and Adoption of IFRS 7, 2007
- Conversion Considerations for IFRS, 2008
- Six Sigma Green Belt Training, 2008 - 2009
- Purchase Accounting BT72 vs. IFRS3, 2007
- IFRS Revenue Recognition, 2008 -2009
- Sarbanes Oxley - Technical Controls 2004
- SEC, Yellow & Blue Book filing 2004 - 2008
- Time Management Training, 2006
- Statutory reporting 10 Q & 10 K 2003 - 2008
Download Vice President Finance Resume Example in Microsoft Word Format.
Download Vice President Finance Resume Example in Rich Text Format.